Thursday, February 23, 2017

snow day swizzle

1 oz Denizen's Merchant Reserve Rum
1/2 oz Blackwell Jamaican Rum
1/2 oz Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva Rum
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/2 oz Grenadine
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Build in a Collins glass, fill with crushed ice, and swizzle to mix and chill. Garnish with 1 dash Angostura Bitters and add a straw.
After my bar shift during the snow storm two Thursdays ago, I bundled up and made my way home. Half way, I decided to make a pit stop at Backbar to warm my limbs and extremities. When bartender Kat Lamper told me that the drink of the day was her escapist Swizzle in honor of the storm, I was sold. Once prepared, the Snow Day Swizzle shared a cinnamon and clove bouquet from the bitters garnish and perhaps the syrup in the mix. Next, the sip gave forth lime, berry, and rich caramel notes, and the swallow was the combination of funky rums and a cinnamon-tinged finish.

No comments: