Wednesday, May 5, 2021

wall street insider

1 1/2 oz Four Roses Bourbon (Four Roses Small Batch)
1/2 oz Fernet Branca
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
2 dash Chocolate Bitters (Bittermens Mole)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a flamed orange twist (unflamed).
Two Wednesdays ago, I spied an interesting looking recipe called the Wall Street Insider on Kindred Cocktails created at the Hearsay Market Square in Houston. The entry had an user's estimation of the recipe that they enjoyed so much, so I set off to find the true recipe if I could especially since it reminded me of the Last Man Standing and other drinks. I lucked out when I discovered it on one of their bartenders' Quizlets online. In the glass, the Wall Street Insider bid an orange, Bourbon, caramel, and menthol aroma to the senses. Next, caramel on the sip traded into Bourbon, orange, minty, and bitter menthol flavors on the swallow. Overall, the sweetness from the falernum soothed the Fernet Branca and Campari's rough edges in the mix.

No comments: