Thursday, March 3, 2022

bronx cocktail

2 Orange Peels (1x2 inch each)
50 mL Gin (1 1/2 oz Bombay Dry)
25 mL Amber Vermouth (3/4 oz Lacuesta Rojo)
25 mL Dry Vermouth (3/4 oz Noilly Prat)
8 mL Orange Juice (1/4 oz Cara Cara)

Express the orange peels and drop in the mixing glass. Add the rest of the ingredients, add ice, stir, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Thursdays ago, I decided to make one of the two Bronx recipes that Frank Caiafa posted on Twitter as his preferred versions. The one I went with reduced the orange juice and included in orange oils to the mix. While I did not have amber vermouth, I figured that sweet vermouth would work here in a pinch to see if this direction was better than the way I remember the original. This Bronx Cocktail offered up pine, orange, and floral aromas. Next, a semi-sweet orange and grape sip transitioned into gin, dry herbal, and bitter grape flavors on the swallow with an orange finish.

No comments: