Monday, March 28, 2022

silk road cobbler

2 1/2 oz Dry Oxidized Sherry (Lustau Palo Cortado at work, Lustau Amontillado at home)
1/2+ (5/8) oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/2- (3/8) oz Benedictine
1 thick slice Orange Wheel
2 dash Mole Bitters (Bitter Truth at work, Angostura Cocoa at home)
8 drop Absinthe (Kübler at work, St. George at home)

Muddle the orange slice, add the rest of the ingredients, and shake with ice. Strain into a Collins glass, fill with crushed ice, garnish with an orange slice, and add a straw.
Two Mondays ago at home, I decided to make a Cobbler that I had made three times on Saturday night. It began with a guest at Drink who wanted something both refreshing and on the lighter side of the ABV spectrum. I opted for a Sherry Cobbler using the flavors in the Silk Road Sour as guidance. I had previous used apricot liqueur in my Sherry Cobblers, but the Benedictine has a magic effect on it. I paid tribute to my flavor inspiration and dubbed this one the Silk Road Cobbler. In the glass, it yielded an orange and nutty grape bouquet. Next, a crisp grape, orange, and caramel sip lept into nutty, apricot, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: