Friday, March 11, 2022

clockmaker

3/4 oz Rittenhouse Rye
3/4 oz Linie Aquavit (Aalborg)
1/2 oz Cocchi Americano
1/2 oz Bual Madeira (Blandy's 5 Year Verdelho)
1/2 oz Amaro Nardini

Stir with ice and strain into a Nick & Nora glass (cocktail coupe).
Two Fridays ago, I sought out a nightcap after a busy shift bartending. In the newest Death & Co. book Welcome Home, I came across Tyson Buhler's 2019 Clockmaker, and I decided to give it a whirl despite having a different type of Madeira on hand. I was drawn in for it had the split base of rye and aquavit that I last enjoyed in the Miles Ahead and last tinkered with in the Mockingbird, Wish Me Luck in the Fall. In the glass, the Clockmaker proffered a grape and herbal bouquet to the senses. Next, grape and caramel notes on the sip flowed into rye, caraway, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: