Thursday, March 31, 2022

wild card

1 oz Genever (Bols)
1 oz Cardamaro
1 oz Cynar

Stir with ice, strain into a single old fashioned glass, and garnish with a sprig of rosemary or an orange twist (orange twist).
Two Thursdays, I spotted the Wild Card on Kindred Cocktails created by user Peyton in 2013, and I was lured in by the combination of Genever and Cardamaro that I first discovered in 2012 adventure to Portland Cocktail Week where I had the Deck Hand and Walking Spanish. Here, the pair was rounded out with an equal part of Cynar which I used in my The Goblins Turn to Stone. Once assembled, the Wild Card offered up orange oil, malt, caramel, funky herbal, and mint aromas to the nose. Next, caramel, grape, and malt on the sip turned into herbal, bitter, and caramel flavors on the swallow.

No comments: