Sunday, November 13, 2022

chink in the armor

1 1/2 oz Bols Genever (Bols Barrel-Aged)
3/4 oz Lillet Blanc (Cocchi Americano)
1/2 oz Honey Syrup 2:1 (1:1)
14 drop Bittermens Mole Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with a lemon pig-tailed twist.
For my second recipe from the Cure: New Orleans Drinks and How to Mix'Em, I latched onto the Chink in the Armor for it would put my recent restocking of Genever to good use (it has been hard to find in Boston for many months -- my last use on the blog was a drink I made back in April). The recipe was created by Cure bartender and co-owner Kirk Estinopal as a flavor "nod to Malt Balls" candy. Once mixed, it shared a lemon and malt aroma. Next, the malt continued into the sip where it was joined by orchard fruit and peach notes, and the swallow rounded things off with honey, malt, wormwood bitter, and chocolate flavors.

No comments: