Sunday, August 25, 2024

comanche club

1 oz Mezcal Amaras (Banhez)
3/4 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Campari
1/4 oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
1/4 oz Amaro Zucca (Sfumato)
2 dash Mole Bitters (Bittermens)

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Sundays ago, I returned to the online recipe flashcards for Raines Law Room in Manhattan as I recalled a few Ancho Reyes recipes that I could now make. The one that I latched onto first was the Comanche Club that I was able to find in both a Yelp menu photo and a Yelp review in late 2019. The name reminded me of Ted Kilpatrick's rather curious Comanche Club that he dubbed after a fictional organization in the short story "The Laughing Man" for a J.D. Salinger-themed charity event. In the glass, the Raines Law Room's Comanche Club initiated with a lemon, vegetal, grape, and pepper spice bouquet. Next, grape and roast notes on the sip subsided into smoke, vegetal, bitter orange, and spice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: