Wednesday, August 28, 2024

no woman, no crime

1 1/2 oz Smith & Cross Rum
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/4 oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora glass, and garnish with grapefruit oils from a twist.
Two Wednesday ago, I reached for Shawn Soole's Great Northern Cocktails book, and I landed on the No Woman, No Crime by Alana Nogueda at Shameful Tiki in Toronto. This Bob Marley & The Wailers tribute utilized the Cynar-honey combination that I had success with in the Tomb of the Caribs and that I learned from the Michigander, so I was intrigued to see how it would do in a funky rum Old Fashioned with spiced accents from chili liqueur. Once mixed, the No Woman, No Crime showcased a grapefruit and pineapple-like rum funk bouquet. Next, honey and caramel in the sip flowed into funky rum, vegetal, and pepper spice flavors on the swallow.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Whooh - lots going on in this one. Added a few drops of Hellfire bitters. Love the viscosity.