Saturday, August 31, 2024

doctor q

1 oz Añejo Rum (Don Q Gran Añejo)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Becherovka
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/2 oz Combier Orange Liqueur (Cointreau)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Two Saturdays ago, I was scanning a pre-Pandemic bartender's recipe collection from Eastern Standard in Boston, and I came across the Doctor Q which utilized Becherovka that I was first introduced to at that bar via the Metamorphosis back in 2007. I was able to find a February 2014 menu photo on Yelp which gave the clue that Doctor Q was made with an "aged Puerto Rican rum", and along with the name, I surmised that the producer was Don Q. Once shaken and strained, the Doctor Q prescribed an orange and cinnamon aroma. Next, a lemon sip conjured up rum, orange, cinnamon, and clove flavors on the swallow. Overall, the combination was rather autumnal and made me think of the Winter Daiquiri.

No comments: