Monday, August 26, 2024

detroit rock city

30 mL Maker's Mark Bourbon (1 1/2 oz Evan Williams Bonded)
10 mL Cynar (1/2 oz)
10 mL Lillet Blanc (1/2 oz Cocchi Americano)
10 mL Amaro Ramazzotti (1/2 oz)
1 dash Angostura Bitters
1 dash Angostura Orange Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist. Yes, I converted this 2 oz recipe into a 3 oz build.
Two Mondays prior, I received my purchase of Shawn Soole's Great Northern Cocktails after spying a few mentions of it on Instagram. To break in the book, I started with Detroit Rock City by Ron Oliver, a Vancouver bartender and owner of Mamie Taylor's; the combination of Cynar and Ramazzotti was one that I enjoyed in Jenna Rycroft's Puhi, so I was sold. Once prepared, Detroit Rock City launched off with orange, root beer, and caramel aromas. Next, caramel and dark plum notes on the sip flipped into Bourbon, root beer, and funky herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: