Wednesday, July 4, 2018

newlyweds

1/2 Brandy (1 1/2 oz Camus VS)
1/4 oz Pineapple Juice (3/4 oz)
2 dash St. Croix Rum (1/2 oz Seleta Cachaça Gold)
1 dash Grenadine (1/4 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Two Wednesdays ago, I had returned back from Tiki by the Sea, and I was in the need of a nightcap. Therefore, I reached for Pioneers of Mixing at Elite Bars: 1903-1933 and selected the Newlyweds. The recipe reminded me a little of a Mary Pickford or perhaps a Hotel Nacional, and this split brandy-rum drink seemed like it would be a good transition from my previous days sipping tropical drinks. Once mixed, it offered a fruity aroma from pineapple and grenadine with grassy notes from the cachaça. Next, pineapple and berry on the sip led into Cognac, pineapple, and cachaça funk flavors on the swallow with a raspberry-pineapple finish.

No comments: