Monday, July 9, 2018

amargito

2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Smith & Cross
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
6-8 leaf Mint

Shake with ice, strain into a Collins glass with 2-3 oz soda water, top with ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.
Two Mondays ago, two of my regulars stopped into River Bar for dinner and cocktails. For a final round, I could sense that they wanted something else to taste but were hitting a wall with their alcohol consumption. Therefore, I latched onto their love of Cynar and combined it with my recent fascination of Mojito variations. The concept of a Cynar Mojito reminded me of Palmer Matthew's Cynar Southside of sorts that he dubbed the Deep Six, and I included a touch of high ester rum to bring the combination a notch closer to the classic. My guests rather enjoyed the drink and raved about how flavorful it was, and I later called this one the Amargito for "little bitter."

No comments: