Tuesday, July 3, 2018

zombie slow dance

3 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
1/4 oz Strawberry Juice
1/4 oz Orange Juice
1/2 oz Ginger Juice
1/2 oz Star Anise Tea

Blend with 1+ cup ice, pour into a glass, and garnish with a pineapple chunk (here, a banana slice after the pineapple garnishes ran out).
For the Fernet Branca-sponsored lunch on the last day of Tiki By the Sea, they had a bar set up where Tarot cards helped guide you to to your choice. Luckily, I got the one that coincided with the drink I wanted to try -- a low proof, vermouth-based, blended Zombie called the Zombie Slow Dance. I was curious for I had created (a non-frozen) one, the Torino Zombie, a few months before and wanted to compare and contrast. It was so good that I had another later (pictured here), but by that time, they had run out of the proper pineapple wedge garnish and I requested a banana one prepared for another of their drinks.

No comments: