Sunday, July 8, 2018

low heat-o

2 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1/8 oz Absinthe (Butterfly)
6-8 leaf Mint

Shake with ice, strain into a Highball glass containing 2 oz soda water, top with ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.

After my bar shift two Sundays ago, I was thinking about how delightful the dry vermouth came across in the Sloppy Joe's Mojito Caballito, and I wondered how the drink would be as a dry vermouth-forward libation akin to the Board of Directors. After all, two of Sloppy Joe's other Mojito variations swapped the spirit to something other than rum. Keeping with the low proof theme here, I dubbed this one the Low Heat-O, and I added a touch of absinthe to complement the mint and vermouth's herbalness.
The Low Heat-O shared mint aromas over other herbal notes seeping out of the bubbling libation below the garnish. Next, a crisp, carbonated lime and white wine sip was chased by an herbal swallow with an anise finish.

No comments: