Sunday, July 22, 2018

french impression

3/4 oz Cocchi Americano
3/4 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1/4 oz London Dry Gin (Martin Miller Westbourne)
1 1/4 oz Bonal Gentiane-Quinquina

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with orange oil (orange twist).
Sunday night two weeks ago, I was in the mood for something lighter as I needed a good night of sleep. My search led me to the OnTheBar database where I spotted an aperitif by Backbar alumni Dan Braganca entitled the French Impression. Dan described his low octane number as "soft and floral as an Impressionist painting." Once stirred and strained, the cocktail presented a floral, orange, and red grape aroma to the nose. Next, red grape from the Bonal mixed with hints of citrus from the Cocchi Americano on the sip, and the swallow was soft, floral, and herbal with a peach finish.

No comments: