Tuesday, June 15, 2021

fall back

2 oz Bourbon (Angel's Envy)
1/4 oz Nux Alpina Walnut Liqueur
1/4 oz Maple Syrup
1 dash Mole Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with orange oil from a twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, Andrea and I ventured down to Backbar for some drinks and snacks. While I was expecting their "Backbear" bear-themed menu, that was not finished yet, so they offered up a menu of house classics from the last 10 years. While I started with the Model T from the inaugural menu, I selected the Fall Back (made with Angel's Envy Bourbon) as my second round (here spelled with a space as opposed to the Fallback from Sasha Petraske's book). The recipe was crafted by opening bartender Bryn Tattan sometime in the opening year of 2012 (I am guessing in the autumn of that year) as an Old Fashioned riff. In the glass, the Fall Back provided beautiful maple and walnut accents to the Bourbon finished in port casks and made for a delightful tipple.

No comments: