Thursday, June 17, 2021

the goblins turned to stone

1 1/2 oz Genever (Bols)
3/4 oz Cardamaro
1/2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Curaçao (Pierre Ferrand Dry)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with an orange twist.

Two Thursdays ago, I was still inspired by the Cynar-curaçao combination after having last tinkered with it in the Prelude to a Broken Arm. I thought about how well Genever works with each such as in the Sherry Duval and Red Light, and I thus selected it as a base spirit. For a fourth component, I opted for Cardamaro which melds well with Genever such as in the Herbivore.
For a name, I selected the Goblins Turned to Stone from a collection of Dutch fairy tales. Here, it showcased orange and malty aromas. Next, grape, caramel, and malt on the sip transformed into malt wine, herbal, orange, and minty notes on the swallow.

No comments: