Friday, May 5, 2023

a.m.

1 1/2 oz Beefeater Gin
1/2 oz Amaretto (Disaronno)
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass.
Two Fridays ago, I was checking up on something in the Drinks of Drink notebook when I spotted the A.M. The A.M. is something that I have known from the bar's recipe collection since I gained a copy in 2015, but I have yet to spot it elsewhere in the literature so perhaps it was a house invention circa 2008-2011 (given the history of my copy's source). Once prepared, the A.M. greeted the senses with an almond-apricot and floral aroma. Next, a lemon-driven sip converted into gin, nutty, and apricot flavors on the swallow. Overall, the apricot liqueur did a surprising job here of toning down the amaretto.

No comments: