Tuesday, May 30, 2023

pikotaro

2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum
1/4 oz Crème de Banane (Tempus Fugit)
1/4 oz Fernet Branca
1/8 oz Demerara Syrup 1:1

Stir with ice and strain into an absinthe-rinsed (Kübler) old fashioned glass.
While flipping through Death & Co.'s Welcome Home book, I spotted the Lost Horizon that made me recall the Banana Toronto at Offsuit. That inspired me to use the Fernet-crème de banane duo, and I fused the idea with two Sazerac variations – namely, Trina's Starlite Lounge's Stigginserac and Death & Co.'s Bananarac. The pineapple part made me think of the "Pen Pineapple Apple Pen" song, so I dubbed this one after its artist Pikotaro. Once assembled, the Pikotaro danced to the senses with anise, tropical, and menthol aromas. Next, a caramel-driven sip flowed into pineapple, banana, and bitter minty flavors on the swallow.

No comments: