Sunday, May 7, 2023

rough & tumble

2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
3/4 oz Amaro Ramazzotti
1/4 oz Green Chartreuse
3 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
Another recipe that I found in the online set of flashcards that corresponded to the 2010 Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. menu was the Rough & Tumble. Like the Harry Rag, this one was also from the more challenging "I Asked Her For Water She Gave Me Gasoline" section of the menu and followed a similar but less smoky structure of whiskey, Amaro, a small amount of Green Chartreuse, and bitters. Moreover, the combination of Ramazzotti and Chartreuse reminded me of The Barrymore that I had a week prior. Here, the Rough & Tumble began with Bourbon, herbal, and clove aromas. Next, a caramel-driven sip flowed into Bourbon, root beer, herbal, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Are you still able to get Chartreuse for home use in the Boston area? I thought it was pretty much all going direct to bars now!

frederic said...

I occasionally see Yellow but never Green. I'm using the tail end of my bottle of Green right now.