Tuesday, May 23, 2023

tally

2/3 Gin (2 oz Tanqueray Malacca)
2 dash Sherry (1/2 oz Tio Pepe Fino)
1 dash Sweet Vermouth (1/4 oz Cocchi)
1 dash Dry Vermouth (1/4 oz Noilly Prat)
1 dash Ojen Bitters (20 drop St. George Absinthe)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Two Tuesdays ago, I returned to Pioneers of Mixing at Elite Bars: 1903-1933 to see if I could uncover a recipe that I had somehow overlooked over the past 13 years that I have been making drinks from it. The one that I found was the Tally that reminded me of the Bizarre Love Triangle but with absinthe (technically Ojen) assuming that I utilized a Fino or Manzanilla as the unspecified sherry. Once prepared, the Tally approached the senses with a pine, almond, and anise bouquet. Next, a crisp wine sip added up to a gin, savory, almond, and herbal swallow.

No comments: