Saturday, August 26, 2023

oh my word!

3/4 oz Old Tom Gin (Hayman's)
3/4 oz Amaro Montenegro
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
3/4 oz Maraschino (Luxardo)
2 dash Orange Bitters (Angostura Orange)

Stir with ice and strain into a glass.
Two Saturdays ago, I reached for Sother Teague's I'm Just Here for the Drinks book and landed on his stirred Last Word Cocktail riff called Oh My Word! Since I had a fresh bottle of Green Chartreuse, I felt like expending a smidge of it to test this one out. I might have also skipped this one in the past for it read like it was going to be rather sweet which strangely was not the reaction I had when I tasted it. Overall, it gave forth an herbaceous, nutty chery, and orange bouquet to the nose. Next, a slightly fruity sip flowed into gin, herbaceous, clementine, nutty cherry, and cinnamon flavors on the swallow.

No comments: