Thursday, August 17, 2023

partisan

1 1/2 oz Cognac (Du Peyrat Selection)
1/2 oz Aged Rhum Agricole (JM Gold)
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/2 oz Amaro Ciociaro
1 dash Orange Bitters (Angostura Orange)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Thursdays ago, I began perusing the online flashcard set containing recipes from the Dutch Kills bar when I landed upon the Partisan that read like a Cognac-rhum agricole Liberal. The combination of Cognac and rhum agricole was one that I have enjoyed in the Wildflower, A Rum with a Vieux, and other recipes and that I utilized in my Prelude to a Broken Arm. Once prepared, the Partisan showcased an orange, caramel, and grassy bouquet. Next, grape and caramel on the sip turned towards Cognac melding into the caramel-orange of Ciociaro on the swallow with orange and a hint of grassy funk on the finish.

No comments: