Saturday, August 5, 2023

inside job

1 1/2 oz Reposado Tequila (Cimarron)
1/2 oz Amaro Braulio
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/2 oz Yellow Chartreuse

Build in an old fashioned glass, add ice, stir to mix and chill, and garnish with an orange twist.
After my bar shift two Saturdays ago, I fired up the Bartender's Choice app in a rush to find a recipe as I was opening later that morning for brunch. There, I landed upon the Inside Job as my nightcap that was crafted by Zac Pease at Manhattan's Attaboy circa 2017. In the glass, it showcased an orange oil, pine, and vegetal aroma. Next, grape and caramel notes on the sip set up tequila, pine, and herbal flavors on the swallow. Curiously, the only other recipes that paired Braulio with Yellow Chartreuse were both created at Backbar, namely the Rye-O de Janeiro and We Don't Talk About Braulio.

No comments: