Wednesday, August 2, 2023

saucy minion

1 1/2 oz Smith & Cross Rum
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Amaro Ciociaro
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1 dash Absinthe (8 drop Copper & Kings)

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe.

Two Wednesdays ago was National Daiquiri Day, and I was inspired to riff on the Two Gents that I had back in January which was a rye Old Fashioned sweetened with Cynar and Amaro Ciociaro. I had the Navy Dock Daiquiri and Little Zeddie in mind, and I swapped out the whiskey for Smith & Cross Rum, added lime juice, and exchanged the Angostura Bitters for a dash of absinthe. For a name, I dubbed it the Saucy Minion after a line from Shakespeare's Two Gentlemen from Verona, "You, minion, are too saucy."
The Saucy Minion welcomed the senses with a rum funk and caramel aroma. Next, caramel, lime, and dark orange notes on the sip flowed into funky rum, herbal, dark orange, and anise flavors on the swallow.

No comments: