Monday, August 14, 2023

tito puente

1 oz Toasted Coconut Knob Creek Rye
1 oz Lustau East India Solera Sherry
1/2 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida

Stir with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with two lime twists.
For my birthday two Mondays ago, I met Andrea at Mahaniyom for a round of drinks and an appetizer before moving on to Blossom Bar for more vegetarian-friendly fare. For a drink, I asked the bartender for the Tito Puente for the combination of Lustau's East India Solera Sherry with Punt e Mes reminded me of Alex Day's Night Owl at Death & Co. I did not bother to ask for a recipe so I did not take tasting notes; however, a friend just sent me a collection of Blossom Bar recipes, and I was able to locate the Tito Puente. As for the toasted coconut-infused whiskey, Liquor.com proffered a recipe for their article on the Normandie Old Fashioned. I revised it as such:
Toasted Coconut-Infused Whiskey
Toast 2 oz by volume coconut flakes over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly golden. Add to a 750 mL bottle of whiskey and place in a hot water bath at 145°F for 2 hours or overnight at room temperature. Strain into a quart container, freeze overnight, remove all solids such as by passing through a coffee filter, and rebottle.

No comments: