Monday, November 27, 2023

finding rose

2 oz Cognac (Du Peyrat Selection)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup

Shake with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with a spray of rose water (3 drops).
Two Mondays ago, I purchased some frozen passion fruit purée from my local Brazilian market for syrup to make the Finding Rose. The recipe was one that I found in a flashard set of Milk & Honey-related recipes, and I was able to track down the creator, Lucinda Sterling at Little Branch, making the drink on a YouTube video. In the video, Lucinda described how it was named after a missing person from 1974, and I combined the two recipe into this one. The combination of honey and passion fruit syrups reminded me of Don's Special Daiquiri, so I was curious to try it here with Cognac and rose water. In the glass, the Finding Rose launched its search with a rose and Cognac bouquet. Next, lemon and honey on the sip uncovered Cognac, passion fruit, and honey flavors on the swallow.

No comments: