Saturday, November 11, 2023

series of folds

1 oz Punt e Mes
1 oz Amaro Meletti
3/4 oz Citadelle Gin (Beefeater)
1/4 oz Giffard Pamplemousse Grapefruit Liqueur (St. Elder)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Two Saturdays ago, one of my Instagram friends, Matt Colonna @eatbetterdrinkbitter, wrote me that he had a great cocktail that night at Deadhorse Hill in Worcester, Massachusetts, called Series of Folds. The recipe that he sent along called for my bottle of Meletti that was utilized the night before but this time in Negroni-esque format instead of a Sour. Overall, the concept reminded me of Employees Only's Nerina Jones with grapefruit notes, so I was intrigued. The Series of Folds began with grapefruit, caramel, grape, and herbal aromas. Next, grape and caramel on the sip slid into gin, caramel, floral, and grapefruit flavors on the swallow. Although a touch on the sweeter site, it was still an enjoyable nightcap.

No comments: