Saturday, January 6, 2024

tokyo conference

1 oz Sutori Toki Whisky (Kavalan Classic) (*)
1 oz Mezcal (Peloton de la Muerte)
1/4 oz Amaro Lucano
1/4 oz Giffard Banane du Bresil (Tempus Fugit)

Stir with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
(*) The closest thing I currently own to Japanese whisky.
Two Saturdays ago, I was perusing online recipe flashcards from Dutch Kills in Queens, and I spotted the Tokyo Conference by Haley Traub circa 2017. I was able to confirm the drink via both the bar's Twitter in 2017 and on StarChefs in 2018. In a DailyBeast interview in 2018, Haley was asked what cocktail she was most proud of, and she replied, "The first drink I had on the menu at Dutch Kills, the Tokyo Conference... I always like the idea of opposing spirits coming together and working together, and that's exactly what happened with that drink." In the glass, the Tokyo Conference wafted to the nose with orange, caramel, and vegetal aromas. Next, caramel on the sip convened with whisky, vegetal, and herbal flavors on the swallow and orange and banana on the finish.

No comments: