Thursday, May 9, 2024

mezcal me maybe

1 1/2 oz Mezcal (Peloton de la Muerte)
1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Pamplemousse (St. Elder)
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1 Egg White

Shake one round without ice and one round with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a cinnamon powder swirl.
Two Thursdays ago, I uncovered an online recipe flashcard set for Yvonne's here in Boston, and I landed on the Carly Rae Jepsen-tribute drink named Mezcal Me Maybe. I was able to date the creation to around 2020 via spotting it on Yelp. Its combination of mezcal, grapefruit liqueur, and cinnamon syrup reminded me of the This Is Not Berlin but in a spirit, grapefruit liqueur, cinnamon, and lime combination found in Death & Co.'s Heart Throb although here with the addition of egg white. In the glass, the Mezcal Me Maybe shined through with a cinnamon, lime, and grapefruit aroma. Next, a creamy lime sip dialed into a mezcal, grapefruit, cinnamon, and smoky swallow.

No comments: