Wednesday, May 22, 2024

it never was a cocktail

1 oz Old Forester 100° Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
1 oz Aperol
1 oz Amaro Meletti

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora (coupe) glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Wdnesdays ago, I returned to the online recipe flashcard collection for Analogue in Manhattan, and the It Never Was a Cocktail called out to me for it reminded me of the Automatic's Prince Royal given the Bourboun, Meletti, and Aperol combination but here without the Averna. Once prepared, the drink proffered up an orange, caramel, and floral bouquet. Next, caramel and orange notes on the sip subsided into Bourbon, violet, cola, and orange flavors on the swallow. Overall, it was a touch sweet but enjoyable, and I commented on my Instagram post that "I could see this having lemon [juice] in equal parts akin to a Paper Plane."

No comments: