Tuesday, June 11, 2024

four corners

3/4 oz Applejack (Laird's Bonded)
3/4 oz Combier (Cointreau)
3/4 oz Aperol
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1 dash Absinthe (12 drop St. George)

Shake with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a lemon twist (orange twist).
Two Tuesdays ago, I was skimming an online set of Sasha Petraske-related recipe flashcards when I found the Four Corners. I then checked the Bartender's Choice app and uncovered that it was crafted by Brandon Bramhall at Nashville's Attaboy in 2017. The app lacked the absinthe aspect, but I included the Corpse Reviver #2 accent from the flashcard. Moreover, with the absinthe, it reminded me of Scott Holliday's Johnny Jump Up which had Cocchi Americano instead of the Four Corners' Aperol. In the glass, the Four Corners displayed an orange, apple, and licorice nose. Next, lemon, orange, and rhubarb notes on the sip ended on apple, creamy orange, and anise flavors on the swallow.

No comments: