Tuesday, June 25, 2024

man in the yellow hat

1 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse)
1/4 oz Banana Liqueur (Tempus Fugit)
1/4 oz Walnut Liqueur (Russo Nocino)
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, I recalled having seen a reference to the Man in the Yellow Hat on my Instagram and was intrigued in trying it out. I was able to hunt out this Curious George tribute recipe to the January 2020 issue of Imbibe Magazine which pinpointed it to bartender Sean Saunders at the now closed Devon in Manhattan. The recipe reminded me of the Bourbon for rye and no cinnamon syrup drink, the Social Animal, from around the same time frame and the opposite coast, so I gave this a go. The Man in the Yellow Hat led off with an orange, cinnamon, and walnut bouquet. Next, caramel on the sip gave way to rye, banana, cinnamon, and walnut flavors on the swallow.

No comments: