Sunday, June 2, 2024

doctor's orders

1 1/2 oz Redemption Rye (Templeton)
3/4 oz Honey Syrup (1:1)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/8 oz Swedish Punsch (Kronan)

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass.
Two Sundays ago, I returned to the collection of Eastern Standard recipes that I was gifted, and I landed on the Doctor's Orders. This was different from the Dead Rabbit's Doctor's Orders and more akin to a Gold Rush with added flavor complexity of the Swedish punsch-apricot liqueur combination that I learned about in a Havana Cocktail variation and utilized in the Tainted Love at Loyal Nine. I was able to find a GoogleMaps menu photo from July 2019, and the subtitle was "Old world remedy". In the glass, the Doctor's Orders prescribed a rye, honey, and apricot aroma. Next, lemon, honey, and orchard fruit notes on the sip were followed up by rye, tea tannin, and dry spice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: