Thursday, September 10, 2026

tell no tales

1 1/2 oz Appleton Rum (Appleton Signature)
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Grapefruit Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with ice (large cube), and garnish with a lime wheel and absinthe (6 drop St. George on the lime wheel).
Two Thursdays prior, I continued on with my grapefruit juice series with the Tell No Tales at Dear Irving's Gramercy location in Manhattan that I found in online recipe flashcards for their Winter 2025-2026 menu. I was able to confirm that timeline as the drink was mentioned in a December 2025 Yelp review. Overall, the concept was very similar to the Hijos de Borinquen with grapefruit and absinthe added in. Once shaken and strained, the Tell No Tales revealed star anise, apricot, and cinnamon aromas. Next, lime, grapefruit, and orchard fruit notes on the sip delved into rum, apricot, cinnamon, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

1 comment:

popplers said...

I like this one. Perhaps next time I'll remember to add the Ango to the tin, instead of after it's in the glass.