Friday, September 18, 2026

carpenter bee

3/4 oz Applejack (Laird's Bonded)
3/4 oz Amaro Nardini
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Ginger Syrup

Shake with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with candied ginger on a pick.
Two Fridays ago, I got home from my bar shift and opened up The Bartender's Choice Volume 3 app. There, I latched onto the Carpenter Bee by Greg Keesee at Attaboy Nashville in 2023 as part of the spirit, amaro, ginger syrup, and citrus insect-themed series that includes the Dragonfly, Mosquito, and Scarab. I later realized that I had made this combination but with lime in the Yellow Jacket, but considering how Sasha Petraske's camp found the Bee's Knees to be different with lime juice and called it the Business, this makes sense. Here, the Carpenter Bee gave forth an apple, caramel, and ginger bouquet to the nose. Next, lemon and caramel notes on the sip dug into apple, ginger, mint, and pine flavors on the swallow.

No comments: