Sunday, September 20, 2026

viking on vacation

2 oz Aquavit (1 oz Linie + 1 oz Krogstad)
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Peach Liqueur (Mathilde)
1/2 oz Coconut Cream (Coco Lopez)
1/2 oz Pineapple Juice

Whip shake with crushed ice, pour into "the skull of your enemy", top with ice, garnish with a float of Peychaud's Bitters (5 dash) and a paper umbrella (I added mint sprigs).
Two Sundays ago, I decided to make the Viking on Vacation by Chad Austin that I found in his Everyone Has a F*cking Cocktail Book for I had seen it floating around Instagram recently. Aquavit and peach liqueur appear in the Nordic tropical number Freydis and in Nightcap's Disappearing Act, so I was curious to try it in this Tradewinds-esque drink. Once prepared, the Viking on Vacation invaded the senses with a mint and anise aroma. Next, a creamy pineapple and lemon sip sailed into caraway, star anise, coconut, and peach flavors on the swallow.

No comments: