Monday, September 28, 2026

trainspotter

3/4 oz Scotch (1/2 oz Famous Grouse + 1/4 Ardbeg 10 Year)
3/4 oz Amaro Braulio
3/4 oz Giffard Banana Liqueur (Tempus Fugit)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass.
Two Mondays ago, I began perusing the Bartender's Choice Volume 3 app where I landed on the Trainspotter by Mikey Reihill at Manhattan's Attaboy in 2024. This is a different Trainspotter than the one I had at Amor y Amargo or the one I made from the Continental Room, but all three perhaps tributes to the 1996 movie Trainspotting have a common thread of amaro. That amaro here is Braulio, and it and banana liqueur have worked well together in the Stellina, so I was curious to try this. Once prepared, the Trainspotter gave forth a caramel, peat smoke, and pine bouquet to the nose. Next, lemon and caramel notes on the sip formed into smoky Scotch, banana, herbal, and pine flavors on the swallow.

No comments: