Sunday, September 27, 2026

brave men run

2 oz Cutty Sark Prohibition Scotch (1 3/4 oz Famous Grouse + 1/4 oz Laphroaig 10 Year)
3/4 oz Cardamaro
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot
1/4 oz Amontillado Sherry (Lustau)
2 dash Walnut Bitters (4 dash Strongwater)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Sundays ago, I decided to make a drink called the Brave Men Run that I spotted on Reddit's cocktail forum. The recipe created at Hanson's Shoe Repair in Orlando was perhaps named after a Sonic Youth song, a German noise pop duo, or a painting by Ed Ruscha, and Yelp menu photos from January 2025 to March 2026 display this cocktail. The trio of Cardamaro, apricot, and Amontillado appear in my Listening Room that was based off of the Father's Advice, and Cardamaro and apricot without the sherry occur in the Rube Goldberg Variation #3. With that, I set to mixing, and the result offered up a lemon, apricot, and peat smoke aroma. Next, a grape-driven sip transformed into smoky Scotch, apricot, herbal, and nutty flavors on the swallow.

No comments: