Friday, February 10, 2023

triborough

2 oz Wild Turkey Rye (Rittenhouse)
1/2 oz Clear Creek Kirschwasser (Trimbach)
1/2 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Amaro Ciociaro
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Fridays ago, I began flipping through the PDT Cocktail Book for a drink recipes that I had glossed over. The one that caught my eye was the Triborough as Nate Dumas' 2009 twist on the Remember the Maine. Moreover, the rye, eau de vie, and Punt e Mes components in a Manhattan variation format reminded me of the West End that I semi-recently had at The Danforth. Here, the Triborough donated bright orange oils over dark caramel orange aromas. Next, a grape and caramel sip gave way to rye, cherry, and bitter orange flavors on the swallow.

No comments: